Acknowledgment of E-Book Conditions
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, customers acknowledge the following e-book stipulations.
Our E-Books for Windows Products
- Our E-Book products are either PDF downloads on certain products or app-embedded ebooks on others.
- For app-embedded ebooks, customers can only read the books in the app and not download, edit, mark up, or in any other way interact with the file. This is for the protection of our IP and is exactly the same as in other e-readers such as Amazon Kindle.
- Our PDF-downloads can be downloaded and treated as PDFs. These are watermarked with the buyer’s details. If the buyer shares the file with any other person this will be prosecutable as a crime under copyright laws, and Silk Route Press will enforce such prosecutions. Please note that the files can also be traced digitally.
- See the Refunds & Returns policy section below for terms involving requested refunds for our E-Books for Windows products.
- The customer acknowledges that the words “ebook” and “e-book”, as well as any possible capitalisation variations thereof or reasonable other variables thereof, are equivalent.
Other E-Books for Android, Windows, or Linux
The Silk Route Press website also offers links to other sellers of our books, most notably Amazon Kindle for ebooks that can be read on non-Microsoft Windows devices. On redirection to such sites, the purchaser agrees to indemnify Silk Route Press of any responsibility for further processes or purchases of said external products, instead, the purchaser shall be bound by the Terms & Conditions of the external reseller of our products.
Refunds & Returns Policy
Our refund and returns policy for physical books lasts 5 days, as books that are kept for more than 5 days tend to be already read and bent by customers. If 5 days have passed since your purchase, we can’t offer you a full refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, a physical item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Physical books with obvious signs of use may be eligible for partial refund depending on condition.
Our refund policy for our E-Books products is governed by the stipulations below.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
Customer-initiated refunds that are not due to any fault or error on our part are subjected to a R30 adminstrative fee.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Refunds for our E-books for Windows Products
- Refunds for our E-Book for Windows products may only be made within the first 48 hours of payment, after which we cannot make any refund.
- Customers applying for a refund within 48 hours of payment will be refunded their full purchase price less R200 or a currency equivalent for registration key and administrative cost recovery.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Only regular priced items may be refunded. Sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: 30 Jameson Ave Melrose Johannesburg.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 30 Jameson Ave Melrose Johannesburg.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are returning more expensive items, you may consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Contact us at email@example.com for questions related to refunds and returns.